Philadelphia Financial Scholars Applications
Philadelphia Financial Scholars provides high school students, their teachers and families with the tools needed to develop financial skills, build greater wealth and achieve financial empowerment.
What the program provides to partner schools:
- Research-based curriculum materials (i.e., unit plan, lesson plans, activities, and assessments) to teach an elective class called “Personal Finance & Entrepreneurship”
- Professional Development and Professional Learning Community sessions for participating teachers
- After school entrepreneurship workshops, supported by local business leaders and university student volunteers
- Stipends for teachers, awards and incentives for students
- Adult-centered financial empowerment virtual workshop series for faculty and parents of the school community
- Must be a public district, public charter or private high school located in Philadelphia County
- Commitment to create an elective course called “Personal Finance & Entrepreneurship”
- One dedicated teacher who will be trained to teach the class and support afterschool enrichment activities
- Participation in periodic evaluation of program’s success
- Use of school facilities as needed
Application for schools
If you would like to join the 2022-23 cohort of Philadelphia Financial Scholars, please email Executive Director, Kerry Woodward, at email@example.com for more information.